Are you ever in the MOOD for something? By MOOD I mean a moment like listening to Jack Johnson’s “Banana Pancakes” while making banana pancakes early in the morning? Well that was me this past Sunday – dancing around the kitchen like a pancake making fool. I have never made the dish before & loved the way my improvised breakfast turned out! So, I’d thought I would share this easy way to make Banana Pancakes in under 15 minutes!
What you need:
Large Mixing Bowl
A Potato Masher (easier to use than a whisk)
3/4 cup Birch Benders organic pancake mix
1 tbs DeKuyper Creme de Banana (optional)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup water
- In a large mixing bowl combine 3/4 cup of Birch Benders Organic Pancake Mix, water, Bananas ( 3 for a thicker pancake), vanilla extract, & Creme de Banana if you want extra sweet pancakes.
- Use the masher to mash all the ingredients together. For a thinner pancake add more water as desired.
- Let the mix sit for about 2-3 minutes before you pour onto skillet.
- Pour mix into skillet (should hold about 2-3 pancakes at a time depending on size). Cook for about 1 1/2 minutes each side on medium heat.
- Top with some powdered sugar, your favorite berries, and maple syrup and voila-you are done!
Stay tunes for more recipe’s!
xo – Amanda