A lot of you reached out to me this week wanting the recipe for my Crab Stuffed Salmon + Bacon Wrapped Scallops. It was a Monday night and after 6 weeks of dieting I decided to treat myself to some drool worthy eats -and I may have gone a little overboard- but it was SO worth it. My Stuffed Salmon & Wrapped Scallops are a delicious way to turn an ordinary night into a special occasion and can also be great for entertaining guests!
CRAB STUFFED SALMON
- 2 salmon fillets
- 4 ounces of crabmeat (drained)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or your favorite cheese ( I used Parmesan this time)
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning or Lawry’s
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut a slit down the middle of the salmon – be sure to leave 1/2 an inch from the bottom.
cook spinach in a little bit of water till fully cooked, take off heat and allow to cool
When spinach is cool squeeze out all of the water from the spinach (excess water will make the stuffing loose)
In a mixing bowl add in the softened cream cheese, old bay seasoning, juice from 1 lemon, bread crumbs, salt, pepper. Whip together until well blended.
Fold in the spinach, shredded mozzarella and crab meat (make sure crab meat has been well drained). Mix gently.
Place salmon in baking dish & stuff the middle with your crab mix. ( I like to add a litte extra breadcrumbs on top)
Cook salmon at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
(FOR A HEALTHER OPTION: if you can’t afford all of the ingredients or want a healther version you can just make a simple crab mix with crab meat, lemon, old bay, salt & pepper to taste, and breadcrumbs)
BACON WRAPPED TERIYAKI SCALLOPS
- 6 scallops (I bought a 1/2 lb. at the store and got 6 – you can buy more if needed)
- KC Masterpiece Honey Teriyaki Marinade
- 6 pieces of bacon ( I use a full piece of bacon per scallop)
- 6 Toothpicks
- Clean your scallops, place in a bowl and mix in the KC Masterpiece Honey Teriyaki Marinade.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- About 5 min before your scallops are done marinating – Microwave your bacon slices for about 2 minutes on power level 5. Make sure they are not fully cooked so that you can wrap them around your scallops with out baking (they should look about 1/2 cooked with a little brown)
- When the scallops are ready remove them from your bowl and begin to wrap your scallops in the bacon individually. When you reach the end of the bacon make sure to insert your toothpick to hold it together properly.
- Repeat with the rest of your scallops & add to your baking dish with the Salmon.
- You will cook these with the salmon if your baking dish for the same amount of time – at the 8 minute mark – flip your bacon so they can cook fully on both sides (if you don’t do this one side will remain partially cooked).
- Allow to cool & serve.
I love sharing my recipe’s with you all! Please drop me a comment and let me know what you would like to see next :D!