Moving in with your significant other is obviously a pretty big step. It’s a something you do to check if your relationship is going to go the distance, possibly to marriage (if that’s in your plans) and beyond. Hopefully, it’s a romantic process that includes many home-cooked dinners, constant smooching, and quality time spent together. That, of course, is the co-habitation dream.
A lot of you reached out to me this week wanting the recipe for my Crab Stuffed Salmon + Bacon Wrapped Scallops. It was a Monday night and after 6 weeks of dieting I decided to treat myself to some drool worthy eats -and I may have gone a little overboard- but it was SO worth it. My Stuffed Salmon & Wrapped Scallops are a delicious way to turn an ordinary night into a special occasion and can also be great for entertaining guests! Continue reading “CRAB STUFFED SALMON + BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS”
WAKE UP. WORK. GYM. BLOG. COOK. DOG. CLEAN. RINSE. LATHER. REPEAT.
For many professionals, a work-life balance is incredibly important for happiness, productivity and effectiveness at work. I often get caught in the daily struggle trying to optimize my time spent working and just living life. So, lately I’ve been focusing on achieving the right balance between career and lifestyle. I know the going is rough now, but in the long run this will aid to my productivity & will help maintain the health of my relationships. Continue reading “THE IMPORTANCE OF WORK / LIFE BALANCE”
Are you ever in the MOOD for something? By MOOD I mean a moment like listening to Jack Johnson’s “Banana Pancakes” while making banana pancakes early in the morning? Well that was me this past Sunday – dancing around the kitchen like a pancake making fool. I have never made the dish before & loved the way my improvised breakfast turned out! So, I’d thought I would share this easy way to make Banana Pancakes in under 15 minutes!
What you need:
Large Mixing Bowl
A Potato Masher (easier to use than a whisk)
3/4 cup Birch Benders organic pancake mix
1 tbs DeKuyper Creme de Banana (optional)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup water
- In a large mixing bowl combine 3/4 cup of Birch Benders Organic Pancake Mix, water, Bananas ( 3 for a thicker pancake), vanilla extract, & Creme de Banana if you want extra sweet pancakes.
- Use the masher to mash all the ingredients together. For a thinner pancake add more water as desired.
- Let the mix sit for about 2-3 minutes before you pour onto skillet.
- Pour mix into skillet (should hold about 2-3 pancakes at a time depending on size). Cook for about 1 1/2 minutes each side on medium heat.
- Top with some powdered sugar, your favorite berries, and maple syrup and voila-you are done!
Stay tunes for more recipe’s!
xo – Amanda