Hi babes! The Brown Sugar Bourbon Meatloaf one of my ALL TIME favorite recipes. When I first tried this, I made it three times in one week – which in hindsight was probably not that healthy for me. Now it has become an inexpensive, quick and easy dinner that I can whip up on my busier days. Most of these ingredients you will already find in your kitchen, so getting the meat & brown sugar is the important part. I hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄2cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2lbs lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 3⁄4cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of bourbon
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1small onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup (italian) breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 5×9 inch loaf pan.
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf.
- Place on top of the ketchup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 3 minutes, empty out most of the juice.
- Take the rest of the ketchup and layer it over the top as desired. (Optional)
I hope you enjoy! Drop me a comment on what your hungry for next!
Are you ever in the MOOD for something? By MOOD I mean a moment like listening to Jack Johnson’s “Banana Pancakes” while making banana pancakes early in the morning? Well that was me this past Sunday – dancing around the kitchen like a pancake making fool. I have never made the dish before & loved the way my improvised breakfast turned out! So, I’d thought I would share this easy way to make Banana Pancakes in under 15 minutes!
What you need:
Large Mixing Bowl
A Potato Masher (easier to use than a whisk)
3/4 cup Birch Benders organic pancake mix
1 tbs DeKuyper Creme de Banana (optional)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup water
- In a large mixing bowl combine 3/4 cup of Birch Benders Organic Pancake Mix, water, Bananas ( 3 for a thicker pancake), vanilla extract, & Creme de Banana if you want extra sweet pancakes.
- Use the masher to mash all the ingredients together. For a thinner pancake add more water as desired.
- Let the mix sit for about 2-3 minutes before you pour onto skillet.
- Pour mix into skillet (should hold about 2-3 pancakes at a time depending on size). Cook for about 1 1/2 minutes each side on medium heat.
- Top with some powdered sugar, your favorite berries, and maple syrup and voila-you are done!
Stay tunes for more recipe’s!
xo – Amanda
1 – Lo & Behold Natural Beauty Products – Lo & Behold is a 100% natural body care company based in Durham, NC. Using only the purest ingredients, we bring an air of delight to your day by handcrafting products with alluring aromas, luscious textures, and original local artwork. We seriously love love LOVE all of her products. Give your mom a rest, draw her a nice hot bath and let her enjoy her new body products!
Lo & Behold Natural Body Care
Lo & Behold Natural Body Care
Continue reading “10 LOCAL GIFTS FOR MOM”
Nestled in Lafayette Village of North Raleigh, this southern kitchen showcases down south cooking and hospitality at its finest. About two months ago Amanda recruited coworkers and friends to help find the perfect dining solution for her and her boyfriends 2 year anniversary. Since her boyfriend is a North Carolina born man, she ideally wanted somewhere that would serve up their best offering of fried chicken. A friend suggested Driftwood as a romantic yet casual option. The first trip was a success and now we have been back a handful of times!
Continue reading “DRIFTWOOD”
This week has been full of family, friends, and birthdays. Just when I thought February was a good month to buckle down and save money, I remembered how many people we must celebrate this month. With that in mind this has been THE month of wining and dining!
Continue reading “TAZZA KITCHEN”