Hi babes! The Brown Sugar Bourbon Meatloaf one of my ALL TIME favorite recipes. When I first tried this, I made it three times in one week – which in hindsight was probably not that healthy for me. Now it has become an inexpensive, quick and easy dinner that I can whip up on my busier days. Most of these ingredients you will already find in your kitchen, so getting the meat & brown sugar is the important part. I hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄2cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2lbs lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 3⁄4cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of bourbon
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1small onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup (italian) breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 5×9 inch loaf pan.
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf.
- Place on top of the ketchup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 3 minutes, empty out most of the juice.
- Take the rest of the ketchup and layer it over the top as desired. (Optional)
I hope you enjoy! Drop me a comment on what your hungry for next!
A lot of you reached out to me this week wanting the recipe for my Crab Stuffed Salmon + Bacon Wrapped Scallops. It was a Monday night and after 6 weeks of dieting I decided to treat myself to some drool worthy eats -and I may have gone a little overboard- but it was SO worth it. My Stuffed Salmon & Wrapped Scallops are a delicious way to turn an ordinary night into a special occasion and can also be great for entertaining guests! Continue reading “CRAB STUFFED SALMON + BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS”
Nestled in Lafayette Village of North Raleigh, this southern kitchen showcases down south cooking and hospitality at its finest. About two months ago Amanda recruited coworkers and friends to help find the perfect dining solution for her and her boyfriends 2 year anniversary. Since her boyfriend is a North Carolina born man, she ideally wanted somewhere that would serve up their best offering of fried chicken. A friend suggested Driftwood as a romantic yet casual option. The first trip was a success and now we have been back a handful of times!
Continue reading “DRIFTWOOD”
This week has been full of family, friends, and birthdays. Just when I thought February was a good month to buckle down and save money, I remembered how many people we must celebrate this month. With that in mind this has been THE month of wining and dining!
Continue reading “TAZZA KITCHEN”