Hi babes! The Brown Sugar Bourbon Meatloaf one of my ALL TIME favorite recipes. When I first tried this, I made it three times in one week – which in hindsight was probably not that healthy for me. Now it has become an inexpensive, quick and easy dinner that I can whip up on my busier days. Most of these ingredients you will already find in your kitchen, so getting the meat & brown sugar is the important part. I hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄2cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2lbs lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 3⁄4cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of bourbon
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1small onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup (italian) breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 5×9 inch loaf pan.
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf.
- Place on top of the ketchup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 3 minutes, empty out most of the juice.
- Take the rest of the ketchup and layer it over the top as desired. (Optional)
I hope you enjoy! Drop me a comment on what your hungry for next!
A lot of you reached out to me this week wanting the recipe for my Crab Stuffed Salmon + Bacon Wrapped Scallops. It was a Monday night and after 6 weeks of dieting I decided to treat myself to some drool worthy eats -and I may have gone a little overboard- but it was SO worth it. My Stuffed Salmon & Wrapped Scallops are a delicious way to turn an ordinary night into a special occasion and can also be great for entertaining guests! Continue reading “CRAB STUFFED SALMON + BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS”
Are you ever in the MOOD for something? By MOOD I mean a moment like listening to Jack Johnson’s “Banana Pancakes” while making banana pancakes early in the morning? Well that was me this past Sunday – dancing around the kitchen like a pancake making fool. I have never made the dish before & loved the way my improvised breakfast turned out! So, I’d thought I would share this easy way to make Banana Pancakes in under 15 minutes!
What you need:
Large Mixing Bowl
A Potato Masher (easier to use than a whisk)
3/4 cup Birch Benders organic pancake mix
1 tbs DeKuyper Creme de Banana (optional)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup water
- In a large mixing bowl combine 3/4 cup of Birch Benders Organic Pancake Mix, water, Bananas ( 3 for a thicker pancake), vanilla extract, & Creme de Banana if you want extra sweet pancakes.
- Use the masher to mash all the ingredients together. For a thinner pancake add more water as desired.
- Let the mix sit for about 2-3 minutes before you pour onto skillet.
- Pour mix into skillet (should hold about 2-3 pancakes at a time depending on size). Cook for about 1 1/2 minutes each side on medium heat.
- Top with some powdered sugar, your favorite berries, and maple syrup and voila-you are done!
Stay tunes for more recipe’s!
xo – Amanda
Lemonade, a cool, sweet summertime staple you can drink endlessly. Just mix in some vodka & 80 degree weather and you’ve got yourself one relaxing afternoon. This past weekend I visited my mother in Oak Island, NC to celebrate her 60th birthday along with Mother’s Day. After our 40+ hour work weeks it was time to treat ourselves to some long overdue sand, sea, and sun. We hit the store to stock up on beer and buy ingredients for one of my favorite summertime drinks. I snagged this recipe from one of my girlfriends Brooke – hence “Brooke’s Lemonade.” It’s the perfect combination of flavor & hydration all the while catching a light buzz in the sun! Continue reading “BROOKE’S LEMONADE”